Sunday, September 14, 2008

Heading Home


































































































































































































1. Master Kompaun with patient with acute
personalty disorder
2. The remote hospital with no name
3. The lake looks beautiful but leeches make it
impossible to swim in
4. 3 Angels
5. Lake fishing method 1
6. Diesel shed ( caterpillar eat your heart out)
7. Smart hire car
8. Hotel pool complete with safety fence
9.The bumpy road to the remote hospital
(taken from the back of Kompua 'Purple nasty')
10. Would you try this service ?
11. Night market at Udan Thani
12. Noi with Somkid generic hotel baby
13. Vene with Eddie
14. Why would you want to live anywhere else
15. Fishing method 2

Just a quick note to tell you I've started heading home, I am posting this blog from a hotel in Udon Thani and I hope to be back in Bangkok by Wednesday afternoon.
To be honest I have journied out and just want to get back home to my own bed, my own TV, guitar, bike, music, my own currency Furong sanitation and of course my friends who I have missed very much. I just want to go to my fridge and make a bacon Sandwich. It really has been one hell of a journey and I plan to return to Vientiane next year.

I haven't posted a blog for about a week this was due to several reasons some good some not so good. I have had a lot of problems getting the bike back into Laos after a short trip to Udon Thani in Thailand, this escalated into further problems when I was given 3 hours to get the bike out of Laos otherwise it was going to confiscated, I am not totally convinced that was going to happen, but do you chance it. This has been the downside, on the upside, not only has the EWB stuff been very succesful and enjoyable, but as most of you have gathered there is a new lady in my life by the name of Vene. We are still at 'early stages' but she is an absolute treasure. I am very sad to leave her but I have run out of steam on my journey and just want to get home. So Vene is another reason why I will return to VT.

My next blog should have more detials on the bike tribulations, the good news is I was re united with Eddie this afternoon and I am now in a nice clean hotel and about to go and get some ice cream.

Keep the rubber side down

G

2 comments:

Libertine said...

glad to here there is an upside to your downs and very glad to hear of your lady too.
Looking forward to more $10 steaks and bad trivia soon

tish x x

Sarah J said...

Ah, the simple things in life - bike, clean hotel and an ice cream! What with that, the bacon sanger waiting at home for you, and the lovely lady waiting for your next trip, it sounds like life is on a well deserved mega-up for you! Very pleased to hear it, too :o)