Saturday, August 2, 2008

Who nameth this bike ?


Two services which should not be confused One for Jazz



Did I Mention something about the Thai's navigational skills










Florida Hotel - The dream

















Florida Hotel - The reality

I hereby nameth this bike EDDIE.

I did ask for no Danny La rue references but Barbara & Craig had thrown a few suggestions and had put some lateral thought into it, the best being "Lady Boy" to link with the Dragstar theme and developed from the lettering almost spells ‘man’ in English. Great idea but then I would be lumbered with a bike called ‘Lady Boy’ or ‘Kar toi’. I realised I’m not going to get away from the drag/ cross dressing/ TV theme so all I had to do was find one I was happy with so your Boy Georges and your Marylyn’s are out then of course it hit me, Eddie Izzard, so from this point on the bike is nameth ‘EDDIE’, cool. (OK Eddie Izzard is not a drag queen but he is a TV so that’s close enough for me.)
I hate to be a whinger, but , I supposed it is in my heredity, but although I like the staff at The Hotel Florida and it is much cheaper than the Bangkok Asia , there has been a number of niggling problems which seem to accumulate day by day, again the key is to keep laughing. I was surprised to find a pool at the hotel although oddly I have never seen anybody in it. And I found out why, apart from the splendid vista (see photo). When the bike shop took the Dragstar for a roadworthy etc. They had to pack the exhausts with steel wool and fibre glass to get the noise down; this was strangling the engine so I thought I’d remove it at the first opportunity. After buying a few tools from a local department store( I knew I should have brought a hammer and gaffa tape) I removed the exhausts and took out the wadding, but it was fibreglass and irritated the my skin and I needed to have a decent wash. So I went back to my room and bagged up my clothes for laundry and I thought the best way to wash myself of the fibre glass was to have a dip in the pool, it’s been a few days since I’ve had a swim so it would be good exercise as well. As soon as a jumped in I realised why there is never anyone in the pool, there is something very wrong with the pool. My eyes started stinging instantly and the water just tasted wrong, not too much chlorine, just wrong.
The laundry was another experience, I had asked number of times what the laundry system was and it just seemed to be bring down to reception at 8:00 AM, no bag, no docket( No ticky no laundry – sorry couldn’t resist). So I filled one of my travelling bags full of my fine collection of sweaty t shirts and other assorted deuterium, made a list up on a piece of paper to give them and took it down to reception the next morning. I must admit the system they have is ’unusual’. I gave them the bag and the list but they insisted on making their own list with a docket which I wasn’t given. This was accompanied by the usual round of heated debate and hand gesticulations by all three of the reception staff and 2 security guards. It concluded with the emptying of the contents of my laundry bag out on the reception counter whilst each item was counted and catalogued, thank goodness they didn’t go as far as the ‘sniff test’

Keep upright
Guz

No comments: